Three new Cat® MP332, MP345, and MP365 Multi-Processor models are heavy-duty, high-production tools that accept multiple interchangeable jaws for taking on a variety of specialized demolition tasks. The new models, compared with previous models, can cycle 50 percent faster and generate up to 19 percent greater cutting/crushing forces. An innovative locking system enables a single operator to typically change jaw types in 15 minutes or less, using only standard hand tools. An included stand securely and stably holds unused jaw sets.
- Concrete Cutter: outer jaw cracks concrete, inner jaw shears steel
- Demolition: cracks thick concrete structures
- Pulverizer: crushes concrete, separates rebar
- Shear: cuts structural steel, pipe, cable
- Tank Shear: cleanly cuts tanks or plate steel at right angle on three sides
- Universal: cuts steel and crushes concrete
Fast, powerful, efficient
The new multi-processor models are designed with “speed-booster” technology that automatically shifts hydraulic action between force (boost mode) and speed (speed mode) as operating conditions vary, resulting in optimum efficiency and productivity. Under no-load conditions, the speed valve allows high hydraulic flow to rapidly open the jaw or close it to contact. At material contact, maximum cutting/crushing force is applied. Depending on the multi-processor model and jaw being used, forces range from approximately 460 to 1,270 tons.
The design of the new models results in greater power when installed on small excavators, and the balanced design also keeps the center of gravity close to the host machine. As an added benefit, control programs for the tools are incorporated into the operator displays of Cat Next Gen excavator models.
To ensure long-term durability, jaws are protected with easily replaced wear parts. An armored cylinder rod and a protective structure for the main body of the cylinder ensure that this critical component is kept from harm even when the jaw is deep into debris. Most cutting blades can be flipped in two ways, allowing four cutting edges to be used before replacement is required. This design lowers operating costs and keeps service time to a minimum.
MP322, MP345, MP365 Product Specifications
|Carrier weight, tons||32-50||45-65||65-90|
|Concrete thickness, max,, in. (mm)|
|Concrete Cutter*||29.5 (750)||33.5 (850)||39.4 (1 000)|
|Demolition||33.5 (850)||37.4 (950)||43.3 (1 100)|
|Pulverizer||27.6 (700)||29.5 (750)||39.4 (1 000)|
|Metal thickness, max., in. (mm)|
|Shear, I-Beam||17.7 (450)||19.7 (500)||23.6 (600)|
|Shear, H-Beam||11.0 (280)||13.4 (340)||15.7 (400)|
|Tank Shear, plate thickness||1.2 (30)|
* MP332 w/concrete cutter can cut I-beams (15.7 in., 400 mm) and H-beams 10.2 iin.(260 mm); MP345 w/concrete cutter can cut I-beams (17.7 in., 450 mm) and H-beams (11.0 in., 280 mm); MP365 w/concrete cutter can cut I-beams (19.7 in., 500 mm) and H-beams (11.8 in., 300 mm).