The strategy, including the G, P and X tiers, offers contractors three choices of solutions to meet their needs.
• Performance Tiers are differentiated by varying levels of performance, serviceability, innovation and comfort.
• The 644 X-tier and the 444-724 P-tier models are offered in the U.S. and Canada.
• The first John Deere G tier product, the 644 G-tier, a rugged, reliable and economical model, will be offered in Canada and other global markets.
MOLINE, IL (Jan. 29, 2021) — Developed in response to evolving customer needs and expectations, John Deere launches its Performance Tiering Strategy, delivering a range of products at different levels of capability and user experience. Available first on the wheel loader lineup, the Performance Tiering Strategy supports customers by providing machine solutions built for various applications and jobs to enhance profitability and efficiency. Moving away from the traditional series letter designations, the Performance Tiering Strategy provides three tiers of machines — G tier, P tier and X tier.
“Every job site is unique, and customers want machine solutions that can be personalized to meet their diverse needs, including performance, price and comfort,” said Jason Daly, global director, production systems, technology and marketing, John Deere. “By offering three tiers, customers can move up or down the spectrum to find the right mix of features, performance and innovation for their business and application.”
The Performance Tiers are defined as:
• Adding a premium edge, the X-tier models are built with the most innovative John Deere technology and features, delivering the highest levels of productivity, efficiency and customer experience.
• P-tier models can be counted on to produce at high levels, day in and day out. Advanced features deliver exceptional performance, efficiency, comfort and service life in demanding, high-production applications.
• The G-tier models are practically equipped and economical, providing proven capabilities with the reliability and ruggedness expected from John Deere. These machines are ideal for customers in need of a reliable machine to complete common light- to medium-duty tasks.
The 444-724 P-tier machines reflect the performance capabilities and features that most customers expect from John Deere, such as those found on the current L-Series wheel loaders, including a redesigned cab, standard parallel lift Z-Bar loader linkage, high-lift plus option, electrohydraulic controls and dual return-to-dig settings. A highly productive and efficient 5-metric-ton wheel loader, the 644 X-tier features E-Drive technology, comprises a diesel-electric drivetrain and exemplifies the type of innovative features that distinguish the X tier.
The 644 G-tier is the first model to be available in the lineup of G-tier Wheel Loaders. Leveraging proven components and technologies, the 644 G-tier is equipped with an all-new cab designed to boost operator comfort and productivity. Customers can customize the machine through a variety of base-level packages, including axles, tires, ride control, seats, radio and rear chassis work-light selections. With the 644 G-tier machine, John Deere delivers a solution ideal for light to medium construction jobs, such as stockpiling, short load-and-carry, truck and hopper loading, and material handling.
Designed and manufactured by John Deere, all tiered machines are backed by the same level of excellent support that customers have grown to rely on — including John Deere Connected Support™ and a five-year subscription to JDLink™. Customers can distinguish the different levels of tiering by not only the attributes and capabilities, but also by the distinct branding and design cues on the machines.
The John Deere X and P machines are now available for purchase in the U.S. and Canada, and the 644 G machine is available in Canada and other global markets. Other product categories will follow our Performance Tiering Strategy over time. To learn more about the John Deere Performance Tiering Strategy, as well as the G, P and X-tier models, visit www.JohnDeere.com/Findyourfit.
About John Deere
Deere & Company (www.JohnDeere.com) is a world leader in providing advanced products, technology and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure.