JCB North America announced the availability in the United States and Canada of three new site dumper models, with maximum payload capacities ranging from 13,000 lb to nearly 20,000 lb. The innovative new range is designed and built by JCB to be the safest in the industry, setting new standards for site dumper visibility, stability and operator protection.
The new JCB site dumper range includes the 6T-1 with either a front- or swivel-tip bucket and 13,228 lb capacity, the 7T-1 Hi-Viz with front-tip and 15,432 lb capacity, and the 9T-1 with front-tip and 19,842 lb capacity.
Common features across the JCB site dumper range
• JCB EcoMAX 74 hp (55 kW) Tier 4 Final engine that requires no diesel particulate filter (DPF), no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) and no diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC).
• Standard folding Roll-Over Protective Structures/Falling-Object Protective Structures (ROPS/FOPS) Level II frame. Optional ROPS/FOPS Level II cab with integrated protection.
• Front camera, reverse alarm as standard. Optional white noise alarm available.
• Seat belt switch logic to ensure the operator is correctly seated.
• JCB LiveLink telematics with geo-fencing and curfew alert functionality.
• Ground-level service access and 360-degree access to engine.
• Two-year/2,000-hour warranty.
“The JCB site dumper range offers a safer solution for customers and demonstrates JCB’s innovative approach to machine design and development,” said Diego Butzke, product manager for JCB North America. “For contractors, landscapers, home builders and highway workers, JCB site dumpers are a highly productive alternative for moving bulk materials around the worksite.” The three JCB site dumper models are powered by the company’s proven 74 hp (55 kW) JCB EcoMAX diesel engine, which meets Tier 4 Final regulations with no aftertreatment. JCB axles and JCB powershuttle transmission ensure the power is delivered efficiently, for maximum productivity and performance.
JCB site dumpers also offer industry-leading stability, to dramatically decrease the risk of overturning. By increasing the wheelbase, widening the wheel track and lowering the bucket height, the payload center of gravity is reduced by 16 percent and maneuverability is maintained.
New levels of operator protection are assured by the JCB SiTESAFE cab which is rated for ROPS/FOPS Level II and designed to withstand the slewing impact from a 29,000 lb (13-tonne) excavator. A retractable Hi-Viz orange lap belt keeps the operator safe and comfortable, with a sequenced drive-inhibit system to ensure the lap belt is worn and the operator is properly seated before moving the machine. Additionally, an alarm alerts nearby workers of the dumper’s imminent movement and a speedometer ensures the operator is able to comply with site speed restrictions.
Available options include a green LED beacon, high visibility painted steps and grab handles, rear view mirrors, 360-degree cameras, object detection systems and LED working lights.