The Making of Caterpillar's Built For It Trials - "Gravity" Video
Find out some of the interesting facts from the making of the “Gravity” video:
- Before filming the action, a few in the production crew were skeptical about whether or not the B15 smartphones would survive the punishment they were about to endure.
- All of the phones were operational and intact after the grueling challenge ended.
- The number of B15 smartphones run over by the 277D was 600.
- The retail value of all the B15s used in the film was approximately $217,000 USD.
- Lighting the set took more power than the site had available, so a 175,000 watt Cat® Generator was brought in to supply the required power.
- To capture footage from all angles required 3 primary cameras and 12 Go Pro cameras.
Haven't see the video yet? Check it out at http://blog.rockanddirt.com/community/video/cat-b15-smartphone-put-to-the-test-during-built-for-it-trials/
Find out more about the Caterpillar B15 Smartphone at http://catphones.com/