Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the New WA600-8 Wheel Loader
Up to 13 percent less fuel consumed, a bigger, better bucket and a smooth, quiet ride
Rolling Meadows, Ill., – Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new WA600-8 Wheel Loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines an enhanced lockup torque converter function and SmartLoader logic to achieve low fuel consumption and high travel speeds.
By optimizing control of engine power, and improving power train and hydraulic efficiency, the WA600-8 consumes up to 13 percent less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor. Also, the standard bucket capacity increased to 9.2 cubic yards and the bucket now fills easier, retains material better and provides better visibility, contributing to machine efficiency and productivity.
“With significant enhancements in production capacity and fuel economy, the WA600-8 is designed to maximize production efficiency in loading off-highway trucks or load-and carry applications,” said Rob McMahon, product manager for Komatsu America. “Full rear fenders with steps and handrails at both sides of the machine add convenience for daily inspections. And operators will appreciate enhancements in cab comfort and machine stability,” McMahon said.
Standard features of the new WA600-8 include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 23.15 liter, 529 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D170E-7 engine uses up to 13 percent less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic, combined with the enhanced lockup torque converter that activates in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill-climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings.
- A new, air-suspension, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort and cast frame members increase strength.
- Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with F-N-R switch add operator ergonomic comfort and convenience.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX Plus telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown reduces idle time and saves fuel.
- Seven-inch, full color, high resolution monitor delivers a sharp picture and vivid colors, even in harsh light.
- Separate, full-color, rear-view monitor comes standard and improves line-of-sight.
- Variable Traction Control system and Modulated Clutch system provide optimal tractive effort for various ground conditions.
- Full rear fenders with stairs and handrails are now standard for both sides of the machine.
- Swing-out cooling fan with wider fin spacing and reversing fan eases cleaning.
- Sight gauge at DEF fill cap minimizes overfilling.
- Additional hinged panels at each side of machine eases access to regeneration components.
- New enhanced auto-dig function reduces operator effort required to fill the bucket.
- Komatsu integrated load meter data is available on the machine monitor and remotely via the web.
The WA600-8 and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes limited scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and one complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchange in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMTRAX® and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.