Ideal all-around performer for any application from pallet handling to hard digging
Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new WA320-8 wheel loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines high production with low fuel consumption and improved operator comfort.
The WA320-8’s parallel-lift linkage, with auto tilt-in to simulate a Z-bar, can be used in any application from pallet handling to hard digging. Fuel consumption is lower by up to three percent in V-cycle loading and two percent in load and carry applications.
“The easy-to-control hydrostatic transmission makes the WA320-8 ideal for agriculture and residential applications, but its size and attachment-friendly quick coupler makes it an all-around performer for almost any worksite,” said Craig McGinnis, product marketing manager, Komatsu America. “It’s a multi-purpose utility knife on four wheels.”
Standard features of the new WA320-8 include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 6.69 liter, 165 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D107E-3 engine uses up to three percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- The new SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
- More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Proven, fourth generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel slip. S-mode is ideal for snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
- Creep mode in first gear is easily controlled via a knob on the RH console. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour.
- New, more comfortable, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Auxiliary jack and two 12 volt ports.
- Seven inch, LCD color monitor with Ecology Guidance.
- Separate full color rear view monitor standard.
- Swing out, hydraulically-driven cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and auto-reversing fan for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full rear fenders optional.
- DEF tank features a convenient sight glass to discourage overfilling.
The WA320-8 and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes limited scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and one complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchange in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.