Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the New D39PXi-24 Crawler Dozer
Skipping cables, climbing and connections of traditional aftermarket systems save operators up to 30 minutes a day, plus hassle
Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new D39PXi-24 crawler dozer, the smart choice for any machine owner looking for intelligence and efficiency beyond what is typically available in machine control systems.
Eliminating the need to install and remove blade-mounted sensors each day not only saves on machine and operator wear and tear, it converts potential downtime into more time spent running the machine.
“With factory integration and a host of intelligent capabilities, the more owners of the D39PXi-24 run their machines, the more they save,” said Jason Anetsberger, Komatsu senior product manager. “The monthly production gains from starting sooner, finishing faster, using less fuel and saving on materials can add up quickly,” Anetsberger said.
First-to-last pass, rough-to-finish automatic dozing extends production gains. Once engaged, the system automatically starts the cut and lowers the blade to grade in a typical dozing pass. If the load increases to a maximum, the blade automatically raises to minimize track slip to keep dozing productively. This intelligence achieves up to 8% greater efficiency in moving material, based on start-to-finish grade testing against typical aftermarket machine control systems.
Machine Performance Enhancements
- New standard, operator-selectable, automatic reverse grading mode enables automatic blade control, while reversing to grade target surface, per customer feedback.
- New Triple Labyrinth final drive housing design provides additional protection for the final drive floating seals.
Under The Hood
- A 3.26 L, 105 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D95E-7 engine offers the same power, while increasing fuel efficiency with the addition of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF).
- A new water cooled, Variable Flow Turbocharger, provides added durability and excellent engine response.
- The Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst provides 100% passive regeneration and does not interfere with machine operation.
- New auto-idle shutdown helps reduce idle time and saves fuel.
The D39PXi-24, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE® includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchanges and DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. KOMTRAX® and Komatsu CARE® are registered trademarks of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.
Note: All comparisons and claims of improved performance made herein are made with respect to the prior Komatsu model unless otherwise specifically stated. Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.