Cat® D6T Features Optimum Fuel Efficiency, Fully Automatic Transmission and Technology to Match the Job
The new Cat® D6T Dozer features a new, fully automatic transmission to optimize performance and achieve fuel savings of up to 20 percent in heavy work and as much as 30 percent in light work and finish grading applications. The fully automatic bulldozer is easier to operate – just set the desired ground speed and the four-speed transmission will set the powertrain for optimum efficiency.
Availability of the full range of Cat Connect GRADE for Dozers technologies enables equipping the D6T for the application. Cat GRADE with Slope Assist is now standard on the D6T, providing basic blade positioning assistance without the need for added hardware or a GPS signal.
The new D6T uses a fully automatic, four-speed, power-shift transmission with an integral lock-up clutch to provide a significant increase in fuel efficiency. The operator simply sets the desired ground speed, and the Auto Shift system smoothly and automatically chooses the optimal gear and engine speed to match operating conditions.
The new D6T transmission adds a gear between first and second ranges for smooth shifting and to maintain power to the ground during load changes. The added gear allows the machine to remain in the most efficient mode for a higher percentage of the time. The operator experiences an aggressive feel in the dirt, as well as up to 2.5 percent greater productivity.
Powering the new D6T is the fuel-efficient Cat C9.3 ACERT™ engine, Tier 4 Final certified with a net power rating (ISO 9249/SAE J1349) of 215 horsepower (161 kW).
Cat Connect GRADE technologies help get work done more efficiently and more accurately. With the D6T, customers have a wide range of technologies to choose from—to equip their dozers to work best in their applications. Technologies range from simple grade indicators to full factory-integrated GPS, all supported by Caterpillar and Cat dealers.
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist, a new standard feature for the D6T, automatically maintains pre-established blade position without the need for added hardware or a GPS signal.
- Cat Slope Indicate, (standard), displays machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation on the primary monitor, assisting operators to work accurately on slopes.
- Cat Stable Blade, (standard), complements the operator's blade-control input to achieve finish grades faster with less effort.
- Cat GRADE with 3D is an available, factory-integrated grade-control system that provides three-dimensional guidance both for production dozing and fine grading. The system feature roof-mounted antennas, and the Cat AccuGrade Ready Option is included with the system, as is the AutoCarry™ system that adjusts the blade for optimum load retention.
- Cat AccuGrade is a dealer-installed after-market grade-control system that provides the flexibility to scale system features to changing needs, ranging from lasers for 2D flat-plane and slope work, to systems using the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) or universal total stations for complex contours and precise finish grading.
- AccuGrade Ready Option allows the machine owner to upgrade to an AccuGrade 2D or 3D system as requirements demand.
In addition to grade control technologies, the Cat Product Link™ telematics system integrated into the D6T provides timely, pertinent data—such as location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes—that is easily accessed through the online VisionLink® interface. The system assists machine owners achieve more effective asset management, improved productivity, and lower operating costs.
The D6T remains a versatile workhorse, available in multiple undercarriage configurations and with a wide range of blades to match the machine to the application. Available rear-mounted equipment includes a new high-lift, multi-shank ripper. For more information about the D6T Dozer, contact the local Cat dealer or go to: www.cat.com
|Engine model||Cat C9.3 ACERT|
|Emissions||U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final|
|Engine Power – 2,200 rpm
(ISO 9249/SAE J1349)
|Engine Power – 1,200 rpm
(SAE J1995) - Gross
|Operating weight range||47,846 – 54,526 lb.|
|Blade capacity||4.96 – 7.38 yd3|