CASE Construction Equipment introduces the new CASE 1221F wheel loader, the newest and largest model in the company’s F Series wheel loader line. Designed with an 11.9-liter Tier 4 Interim-certified engine that delivers up to 355 horsepower (265 kilowatts), the CASE 1221F is built for heavy earthmoving and loading applications such as those encountered in aggregate and mining operations. Enhancements to the engine and transmission at maximum travel speed allow for increases in productivity of at least 18 percent and fuel efficiency of at least 8 percent.
The CASE 1221F is powered by a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) engine with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This provides clean burning power and increased torque compared to previous models. Improved side panel air flow and cleaner direct air flow combine to ensure extended service intervals and component life. A new power shift transmission with transmission mode settings allows the operator to set the transmission to the specific application for optimal productivity and performance.
The 1221F wheel loader has an operating weight of 66,800 pounds (30,300 kilograms) and comes with a range of buckets from 6.3 to 7.8 cubic yards. With a 6.8 cubic-yard bucket, the breakout force with tilt cylinder is 55,730 pounds. The machine is available in standard Z-bar and extended-reach (XR) configurations. Additional highlights include:
- Four programmable power modes to save fuel and increase available power. A dual-mode shutdown feature helps maximize fuel economy and monitor vital engine components.
- Standard four-speed transmission with manual kick-down for maximum traction, as well as superior bucket penetration. Also available is a five-speed transmission with a lockup torque converter, open-differential axles and advanced system programming for additional fuel savings.
- Open rear-axel and locking front-axel for outstanding traction.
- Excellent operator safety and productivity, including a larger cab; a full glass door; an unobstructed view to both edges of the bucket and a sloping hood that provides clear vision to the rear; a quiet cab with a 73 decibel rating; a dual air filtration system for cleaner air; a fully adjustable, heated, and cloth-covered air-suspension seat; ergonomically positioned controls with optional joystick steering; and a rearview, wide-angle camera with an adjustable color monitor.
- A new coupler system that pulls the bucket closer to the machine for enhanced breakout force. It also includes the CASE SmartFitTM bucket tooth system that provides stronger, more durable teeth and adapters, and hammerless reusable locking pins to improve digging performance.
- Easily accessible daily service points and drain valves. The fuel fill point, cooling fan and radiator assembly have also been moved to ensure effective cleanouts and eliminate downtime.
ProCare and SiteWatch Drive Lower Operating Costs and Improved Equipment Management
The 1221F comes standard with CASE ProCare: a suite of product assurances that includes a three-year Advanced CASE SiteWatch telematics subscription, a three-year/3,000-hour full-machine factory warranty, and a three-year/3,000-hour planned maintenance contract. ProCare allows fleets to grow with confidence as operating and repair costs are completely predictable for the first three years of ownership. SiteWatch further provides actionable data that allows fleet managers and owners to make better business decisions related to equipment utilization, maintenance activities and overall management. It also serves as an excellent tool to help identify unauthorized use and unproductive operating practices.