Sign Up to Compete in Regional Rodeo Qualifiers for the 2012 Crane Operator Rodeo
For the third year, the Crane Operator Rodeo competition returns this fall with a new twist: Operators across the country will compete in their region before heading to the final event in Orlando, Fla. The national championship will take place October 27-28 at the Ritchie Bros. Sign Up To Compete in the Regional Rodeo Qualifiers Auctioneer’s facility in Davenport, Fla.
Regional events will take place at the following qualifying centers:
• Crane Institute of America—Orlando, Fla.
• Empire Crane—Syracuse, N.Y.
• Local 150 IUOE—Chicago, Ill.
• Marco Crane —Phoenix, Ariz.
• Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers—Houston, Texas
Up to five regional qualifiers will receive paid travel and lodging in Orlando to compete for the coveted National Champion award.
A number of industry groups are supporting the event, including:
• Event Partner CIC, which is designing and overseeing the competition standards;
• Crane Sponsor Liebherr, which is supplying the 70-ton LTR 1060 telescopic crawler crane for the Crane Operator Rodeo finals;
• Rigging Sponsor The Crosby Group, which is the official rigging supplier for the event; and
• Award Sponsor Manitowoc.
The National Champion will receive $1,000 cash, a one-of-a-kind hand tooled Western belt buckle, a one-of-a-kind leather bomber jacket, a die-cast crane model, VIP treatment at the next ConExpo, and other considerations. The winner will also appear on the cover of the Rodeo supplement.
First runner-up at the national competition will receive $500 cash plus an award jacket, a die-cast crane model, and other prizes and considerations.
The second runner-up will receive $250 cash, an award jacket, a die-cast crane model, and other prizes.
Registration to compete in a regional qualifying event in your area is just a $30 donation to a charity selected by the regional qualifying center. Sign up today!