Visit Rock & Dirt at "The Best Show in Public Works"
“The Best Show in Public Works” is what they call the American Public Works Association’s International Public Works Congress & Exposition which is slated for August 25-28, 2013 in Chicago, IL. Rock & Dirt will be among the 400 companies exhibiting in the 90,000+ square feet area of McCormick Place. Please stop by the Rock & Dirt booth #651 for a free copy and/or tour of RockandDirt.com. The 2013 Exposition is not your typical exposition! The 2013 EXPO EXPERIENCE is located in a convenient area on the exhibit floor and promises to bring more opportunities for attendees to learn, discover, and have fun! They will have live interviews with session speakers, POWER learning sessions (15 minutes), prize drawings, connecting areas, cyber stations, happy hour, and more at the EXPO EXPERIENCE! Put this on your calendar to visit daily or make the EXPO EXPERIENCE your central hub for the week.
But that’s not all! In addition to the EXPO EXPERIENCE, the 2013 exposition floor has added some great learning opportunities in designated areas around the floor!
- Technology Pavilion – Learn about all of the newest technologies in public works and participate in “There’s an App for That” demos and clinics.
- Green Pavilion – Check out all of the newest eco-friendly products and services.
- Central Park – Experience innovative parks and recreation products in a park created right on the show floor.
- Exhibitor Solutions Theaters – Exhibitors will be demonstrating their products in 50-minute demo sessions around the floor. This is a great opportunity to learn about new products and earn CEUs for your professional development.
- And much more!
Don’t just visit the Expo—experience it! Come for the week or come for a day! The 2013 Exposition will be loaded with demonstrations, learning opportunities, and fun for everyone!
Sunday, August 25, Noon – 4 p,m,
Monday, August 26, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tuesday, August 27, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In addition to the Exposition, APWA's Congress features more than 125 technical and professional development sessions presented by your colleagues and industry vendors. There's no better way to learn than from those who are "in the know." You can earn CEUs and PDHs that will add value to the information you learn onsite. For more than 100 years, the APWA International Public Works Congress & Exposition has drawn thousands of public works professionals from all over the world. If you're like many, you have limited resources for professional development, so you can chose APWA's Congress as your preferred venue for:
- Outstanding education sessions that address current public works issues—as well as ongoing challenges. Choose from more than 125 technical and professional development sessions that will be presented by your colleagues—who will impart their vital knowledge and experience to you. APWA's education sessions are based on the very latest learning models—classroom, interactive and "live" learning labs.
- The chance to see an extensive gathering of exhibitors and The Expo Experience that will showcase the latest products, services and technologies specific to public works. APWA's exhibit floor encompasses nearly 90,000 square feet! Special "non-compete" hours allow you to visit the floor—uninterrupted.
- Opportunities to network with your peers, hone your leadership abilities and learn new job skills. APWA offers Congress attendees MANY opportunities to meet and mingle with your peers—the Get Acquainted Party, Awards Ceremony and more! Build lasting professional relationships and make a few lifelong friends at the same time.
Keynote speakers for 2013 APWA Congress include: Thomas L. Friedman, Cy Wakeman, and Mike Ditka.
For more information visit http://www.apwa.net.